Workshop Labs are made up of small, intimate groups of no more than 20 participants. Admittance is on a first-come, first-served basis. Most Workshop Labs have 1 dog volunteer for every 3-4 participants to maximize time spent practicing newly-learned skills.
The STAAR Rating System allows you to select the course(s) that fit best with your skill level and knowledge:
★ Basic Course: Designed for participants who desire a basic understanding or knowledge of the topic or skills.
Participants will find the course basic/introductory.
★★ Intermediate Course: Participants assume a solid foundation and understanding of the topic and skills, and desire more advanced training.
Participants will find this course moderately challenging.
★★★ Challenging Course: Presentation includes advanced skills and cutting-edge techniques that assume a thorough
understanding of the topic and consistency in ability to apply foundational skills and clinical reasoning.
Prerequisites may apply.
Please read the information below and click on the "Accept" button to advance to online registration
Cancellation & Refund Policies
• Workshop choices are on a first-come, first-served basis, and are honored when full payment is received and processed.
• You will receive a confirmation e-mail with course schedule once payment is made in full.
• Certificates of Attendance with documented contact hours are awarded upon successful completion of selected courses, and can be used for C.E.U. verification and credits. These will be e-mailed to you by June 15, 2019.
• Participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability upon arrival and registration at STAAR.
• Workshops will be cancelled if less than 10 participants enroll by March 31, 2019.
• Dates, locations, instructors and/or costs are subject to change.
• Requests for refunds must be submitted via the CANCELLATION POLICY AND REFUND REQUEST FORM.
• STAAR refunds are not issued for late arrivals or absenteeism and are non-transferable.
Cancellation Policy and Refund Request
To request a refund, the Cancellation Form must be completed and postmarked by March 15, 2019. Refunds are issued as below excluding $50 processing fee.
Cancellation refund is issued as follows:
1) Prior to February 1, 2019 (75% refund).
2) From February 1, 2019 to February 20, 2019 (50% refund).
3) From February 21, 2019 to March 15, 2019 (25% refund).
4) No refunds will be issued after March 15, 2019. Please be sure to carefully check your schedule.